Manitoba Parents for Ukrainian Education (MPUE) is seeking a post-secondary student with a combination of education and experience in Communications, Marketing, Promotions and Social Media.
Our organization’s outreach and messaging is focused on three distinct, but related, markets:
- Young parents who would consider enrolling their child in the EUBP
- Caregivers of children enrolled in the English-Ukrainian Bilingual Program (EUBP)
- Engaging EUBP parents to participate in an active role on the MPUE board of directors.
The successful applicant will assist the Board of Directors to establish a Marketing & Communication Framework (MCF) to reach these diverse groups.
- Plan and provide strategies to implement a MCF.
- Focus on ways to remotely communicate with the public, students, families to replace previously held in-person events and information sessions, due to changes in process caused by COVID 19.
- Create a social media plan with scheduled posts, content development, promotions and marketing events, including establish a series of draft posts for social media and web publishing.
- Identify and source images for use in media, promotions and website. Research stock images / cost for use on website – make connections with Ukraine for images.
- Developing newsletter templates, content planning, timing contribution call, way to gain active contribution from the schools
- Update promotional materials, including brochures / alphabet cards (digital and printed) and availability of online language resources.
- Develop a poster for EUBP recognition with Logo and website promotion of the program
- Identify ways to reach young families, new parents & community partners to promote the EUBP.
- Identify and plan advertising resources, budget and timing for both free and paid promotion.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Applicants should be a youth age between the ages of 18 to 29
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Publisher, Excel as well as web-based programs such as mailchimp, social media (Instagram, facebook) and Word Press.
- Creative, organized, and efficient
- Able to work independently, self-motivated – remote, work-from-home option is available.
- Education and/or experience in Creative Communications, Marketing, Promotions and Social Media or other related programs.
Desired Skills (a benefit, but not required)
- Ability to speak, read and write in Ukrainian.
- Organized and be able to follow instructions and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Oral / written communication skills
Compensation: Full time hours for up to 11 weeks over the summer/ fall at $13.00/ hour.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume and cover letter should include links to your previous work examples (if available)
Questions? Submit by email to email@example.com