Treasurer Volunteer Position Posting
Manitoba Parents for Ukrainian Education (MPUE) is looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to fill a volunteer executive position as Treasurer for the MPUE Board of Directors.
As this is an executive position, the individual must have a child enrolled in the English Ukrainian Bilingual Program. The board meets once a month from September to June. Meetings occur on the last Monday of the month. This position is great for any newly designated individual looking to gain volunteer professional development hours or someone who has expertise in preparing financial reports on a monthly basis. The average annual operating budget to manage is approximately $70,000.
Principal duties of this role include:
Preparation of the monthly financial reports to be discussed/reviewed at each Board Meeting
- Issue cheques as required for programming, office and administration expenditures
- Prepare deposits and take to the bank for depositing
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintain financial records utilizing Quickbooks
- Preparation of information package as well as liaise with external accountant for the annual review
- Present annual financial statement at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Process payroll and issue necessary end of year tax filing forms (i.e. T4)
- Prepare Budget and present to the Board
With the expertise that this position requires and the knowledge of the finances of the organization, there is a requirement that this position collaborates closely with the other board executives and in particular the president of the organization. Ability to work as a team and effective communication skills are required for this position.
The previous treasurer can provide transition support to the successful applicant. Additionally MPUE board members are always accessible to ensure the start and continuance of this position is successful.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity to be part of the Ukrainian community please contact:
Jonathon Weber – Past Treasurer – Ph#: 204-226-2719 email: email@example.com
Manitoba Parents for Ukrainian Education – Ph# 204-942-5405 email: firstname.lastname@example.org